Monday, July 18, 2011

Blog Challenge - Day 8 - A photo that makes me sad


This is the kind of picture for me that makes me happy and sad at the same time.  It's not a great photo, cause it's a photo I took of a photo in a frame, if that makes any sense.  It's me (left) kissing my sister (right) on the cheek.  I think I must have been about 3 or 4 years old in this pic, which would have made her 10 or 11.  At this age I didn't even know my sister was different.  I guess I really didn't understand that she had some developmental disabilities until I began school.  Even then, she was my sister and I spent 21 years of my life trying to be the best little sister I could be.  Ask anyone, I was the most protective of my sister and would get angry when people would stare at her in the store because she was different...because she used a wheelchair...because she wasn't what our society considers "normal"...

I miss you, sissy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment